These are the easiest and most simple best breakfast potatoes to whip up. Serve them with scrambled eggs, bacon, freshly squeezed orange juice, and you have a truly wonderful breakfast. They are equally fabulous tucked inside a breakfast burrito. I like to use a large flour tortilla, scramble up a few eggs, add a couple heaping tablespoons of potatoes, a slice of bacon or breakfast sausage, and grated cheddar cheese. Absolutely incredible!
- 3-4 large red potatoes about the size of the palm of your hand, diced with skin on
- 1 medium white or yellow onion diced
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 1 tsp season salt add more or less to taste
- 1 tsp parsley dried is fine, add more or less to taste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes add more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
In a large skillet melt one tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until slightly soft.
Add the additional tablespoon of butter and diced potatoes, stir until coated with the butter. Sprinkle with season salt, parsley, and red pepper flakes, mix well.
Cook potatoes and onions over low to medium heat, adjust heat as necessary until the potatoes have softened and develop a nice golden color.