If you’re looking for a simple and delicious bite size appetizer to serve at your next cocktail party, luncheon, or game day – then you must try these little bites of heaven. Shrimp Pizzettes with olive oil, mozzarella, pesto, and red pepper flakes, are simple to make and pack a lot of flavor into each little bite. Enjoy!
Shrimp Pizzettes With Olive Oil And Pesto
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove , finely grated
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper , (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb extra large shrimp , (cooked, peeled, deveined, tail off, and butterflied) if frozen - thaw and pat dry
- ¼ cup prepared pesto , (add more if desired)
- 1 16 oz (1lb) ball of prepared pizza dough
Preheat oven to 400° degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or foil; set aside.
Combine olive oil, grated garlic, and red pepper flakes into a small mason jar and shake until well combined; set aside.
Lightly sprinkle all purpose flour on a solid surface and roll out pizza dough to about a 1/4-inch thick. Using a 2 1/2-inch diameter round cookie cutter, cut approximately 24 dough rounds. Place dough rounds on cookie sheets, and brush with olive oil mixture (see tip below).
To assemble, sprinkle each round with a tiny bit of mozzarella cheese, add one butterflied shrimp, lightly brush shrimp with olive oil mixture, sprinkle a bit more cheese on top of the shrimp, and finish with a small dab of pesto; dividing all equally.
Bake pizzettes until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter and enjoy.
Recipe NotesTip: Pre-bake dough rounds for 3-5 minutes for a more crisp crust, then proceed with assembling the toppings.